The members of Barton Community Band are now in extra rehearsal mode in preparation for their debut in the Second Section of the North of England Brass Band Championships 2019.
The bands will compete at the Gala Theatre in Durham on Sunday 17th March 2019.
Further details are available on our events page.
The Championships attract bands from Cleveland, Cumbria, Durham, East riding of Yorkshire and North Lincolnshire,(formally Humberside), North Yorkshire, Northumberland, and Tyne and Wear.
Each band will compete in their respective graded section for the honour of representing the North of England, at the National Brass Band Championships of Great Britain.
This years’ second section test piece is Rise of the Phoenix (Darrol Barry) – publisher Kirklees Music
There are 9 bands competing in the second section contest this year:
- Barton Community Band (Gary Oglesby)
- Cockerton (Andrew Hunter)
- Durham Miners Association (Stuart Gray)
- Dunston Silver Band (Dean Jones)
- East Riding of Yorkshire Band (Gary Hallas)
- Ferryhill Town Band (Gareth Sykes)
- Felling Band (Jason Smith)
- NASUWT Concert Brass (Andrew Hall)
- North Skelton Band (Lewis Wilkinson)
And they will be adjudicated by Alan Fernie and Anne Crookston.
Further information on the other sections can be found on the North of England Brass Band website.
Barton Community Bands’ current & previous competition results are available on the Achievements page.